IEEE PELS Students and Young Professionals Symposium 2023
Call for SBC Competition
Deadline to Submit Poster: Jun.25, 2023
Voting cycle: Jun.26 – Jun.30, 2023
Finalist Notified: Jul. 1, 2023
Deadline to Submit Slides or Video: Aug. 15, 2023
Final Presentation: Aug. 29, 2023
A well-operated PELS Student Branch Chapter (SBC) must take home satisfaction via good recognition, and networking opportunities. Through the experience sharing talk competition, we wish well-operated PELS SBCs can share their precious experience to inspire other PELS SBCs to hold more meaningful and successful events in the future and encourage more students to join the PELS.
• The applicant PELS SBC should submit a poster first, and the contents may include but not limited to, events held in the past, membership development, recipients of remarkable student/scholar/technical awards and futural plans.
• The posters will be voted by IEEE PELS members to elect top 6 applicant SBCs to the finalist.
• The final competition will be held on 29 Aug at PELS SYPS 2023, and a 10-mintue presentation is required to compete for outstanding SBC Experience Sharing Talk Awards.
• The chairs or representatives of the SBCs are strongly recommended to attend the final presentation in person and can apply for travel grant provided by IEEE PELS YP. If absent, the applicant SBC can upload a video, which will be played at the finalist. The presentations will be judged by the PELS officers and voted by the symposium audiences.
• Finally, the competition results will be announced on the spot with an awards ceremony.
Submitting an Application:
The entire submission should be in English and requires the following information:
Note: The total time of the presentation/video should be no longer than 10 minutes, and the data of the video is suggested to be within 500MB.
SYPS SBC Awards:
Monetary prizes will be provided to the finalist PELS SBC.
1. [Gift + Certification] *1 - Best Student Branch Chapter Experience Sharing Talking.
2. [Gift + Certification] *1 - Best Event Organization SBC.
3. [Gift + Certification] *1 - Best operating Organization SBC.
4. [Gift + Certification] *3 - Finalist Memorial SBC.